The mission of the Purdue’s Moms Together Program is to provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere where pregnant and parenting adolescents (under 25 years of age) can gain parenting knowledge, share experiences and support one another during their parenting journey.
The goals of the PPEATE Program include:
- Strengthen the infrastructure to assist pregnant and parenting teens.
- Increase the ability of pregnant adolescents to have a healthy, term baby.
- Increase the likelihood that parenting adolescents will be a strong, informed role model for their children.
- Increase the awareness of available resources for pregnant and parenting adolescents.
- Increase the resources needed for communities to best serve pregnant and parenting adolescents.
Purdue Extension programs used with PPEATE:
- Have a Healthy Baby
- Parenting Counts
- ACT Against Violence (Parents Raising Safe Kids)
- Raising Healthy Eaters
- Making Your Food Dollars Work
Stay In School