Fall 2020 Operations
We are excited to start the fall semester and welcome students, staff, and faculty to the LGBTQ Center!
Check out the information below to learn how we revised our Fall 2020 operations in accordance with the Protect Purdue initiative.
How to Visit the LGBTQ Center
- Visitors are welcome to stop by during drop-in hours, which are Monday-Friday, 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
- All visitors are encouraged to check the LGBTQ Center's online occupancy counter before deciding to visit. Maximum occupancy of the LGBTQ Center is 12 people in addition to staff members.
- Limited spillover space may be available on Schleman Hall's rooftop garden (weather-permitting).
Guidelines for Visiting the LGBTQ Center
- Step 1: Make sure you are wearing a mask. Be sure to use hand sanitizer once you enter the LGBTQ Center.
- Step 2: Look for the tape markers on the floor and seating to figure out where to sit. Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and anyone else in the room.
- Step 3: If you want to use the computer lab or social lounge, check the capacity signs next to the doorway before you enter.
- Step 4: Have fun! If you have any questions or need assistance, ask a staff member.
A few notes...
All visitors to the LGBTQ Center must comply with Purdue University’s policies regarding personal protective equipment and social distancing.
Visitors who are exhibiting symptoms of a potential COVID-19 infection must follow Purdue University’s rules for testing and quarantining before they can return to the LGBTQ Center.
- All meetings with staff members will take place using a virtual platform such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Webex.
- Staff are available to for virtual meetings, Monday-Friday from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- To meet with a staff member, you can schedule a meeting by emailing the staff member you would like to meet with or by sending an email to LGBTQ@purdue.edu. Contact information for individual staff members can be found here.
Support and Resources
Trainings and Educational Programs
Safe Zone Training
Safe Zone training sessions will be offered in on a virtual platform. Visit the Safe Zone webpage for training dates and more information.
Trans Inclusion Training
Trans Inclusion Training sessions will be offered in on a virtual platform. Visit the Trans Inclusion Training webpage for training dates and more information.
Classroom Panels and Presentations
All educational programs will be conducted via a virtual meeting platform for Fall 2020 to maintain safety and proper social distancing measures. Synchronous and asynchronous formats are available. Learn more
Workshops by Request
The LGBTQ Center will provide workshops by request via a virtual platform as staff schedules permit. Learn more
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot my mask! Does the LGBTQ Center have extra masks?
Yes! We have cloth masks that were generously donated to us as well as disposable masks. When you arrive, you can pick out a cloth mask from the ones hanging in the hallway or ask the staff member at the front desk for assistance.
I'm allergic to hand sanitizer. What should I do when I visit the LGBTQ Center?
When you arrive at the LGBTQ Center, please wash your hands in the restroom. If you are planning to use any communal supplies (i.e. the coffeemaker or water dispenser), please use a paper towel or gloves (the LGBTQ Center can provide disposable gloves) to touch those surfaces.