|Course Availability||Approximately 5 times per year|
|Time to Complete||16 weeks|
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate course is the capstone of Purdue’s Online Lean Six Sigma series. With the Black Belt program, students earn an in-demand qualification that gives them a competitive edge. They also gain a broad framework for solving problems in any business.
The course blends the concepts of both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, tools and techniques. It provides advanced training in LSS tools and theories. It also provides practical guidance on improving work processes through identification and reduction in the number of defects occurring in processes and the identification, reduction and/or elimination of waste in a process.
The goal of the Black Belt certificate is to empower students to assume a Black Belt role in an organization and ultimately serve as a change agent to improve customer satisfaction and business productivity. They become stronger leaders and more effective problem solvers.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified by Purdue University. They will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of core/common Black Belt tools and concepts
- Demonstrate proficiency at achieving results via the application of the Lean Six Sigma approach by running of your own LSS Black Belt Project
- Be able to successfully complete high-impact projects that result in tangible benefits within any organization
Students also have the option, at no additional cost, of earning 9.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
To learn more about Purdue University’s online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course and , fill out this form. You can also call (888) 390-0499 to speak to one of our program advisors.
Purdue University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Purdue University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Project
A course-long project underpins this certificate. The project allows students to directly apply their learning and use their course time to address an issue relevant to their organization. They can choose to follow a Lean track or a Six Sigma track.
Projects can be conducted for a student’s employer or for a charitable organization with which they are closely tied. Instructors work with each student to identify a suitable project and assist with advice and troubleshooting throughout. Weekly course assignments relate directly to and include project deliverables.
The Purdue Online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Difference
- Instead of a single-week crash course, this program builds a lasting foundation that includes continuous coaching from the instructor. Students will better understand and apply what they learned, while still enjoying the flexibility offered by a convenient online format.
- This is not just a series of videos: these are robust, instructor-led courses that feature optional interactive sessions.
- Our experts bring more than 45 years of combined industry experience and have spent more than two decades teaching concepts of Six Sigma Black Belt online for Purdue. They are willing to jump on a phone call or talk over email with their students when needed.
- All LSS topics are presented with extensive supplemental materials and enhanced documentation so that students are fully supported as they become experts.
“I’ve been through well over six years of online learning, and I would rate my instructor at the top 10% of instructors I’ve ever had.”
Rich Field II, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course Graduate
Who Can Benefit From a Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Black Belt students include:
- Anyone who aspires to lead the quality and Lean efforts in a Lean Six Sigma organization
- Anyone who seeks to drastically improve an organization’s financial performance
- Anyone who is ready to take their Lean Six Sigma expertise to an advanced level
Schedule and Time Commitment
The 100% online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate spans 16 weeks. It includes pre-work, weekly learning modules and breaks. The breaks provide students with additional time to collect data, present gate reviews to management teams at their organization and prepare assignments.
Students have the opportunity to participate in online discussions with classmates about their project deliverables and receive real-time coaching from the instructor via live WebEx sessions, a discussion forum, email or phone call.
Students who successfully complete the course typically devote 95 hours of study during the 16 weeks of learning modules. Instructors recommend planning on spending six to 10 hours each week on learning activities.
The online format enables students to do their coursework when and where they want, but there are weekly reading assignments, project deliverables and quizzes that must be completed on schedule.