Program Review & Changes
- Monthly reports and meetings:
- Status updates to the department
- Four annual meetings to be held one per quarter with faculty, Purdue Online (PO), and 3rd Party Vendors:
- Operations – current set-up, discuss processes to find efficiencies
- PO services – PO resources, awards, and services, that the program can benefit from that they currently do not take advantage of
- Strategic – industry overview, share reports that show the history of the program and what is happening in industry (Burning Glass)
- Big C and little c conversation
Questions to Consider:
- How frequently will you perform a program review?
- Determine the metrics upon which the program will be evaluated. Consider financial viability and quality of the program.
- Utilize the Online Learning Consortium Quality Scorecard.
- Use analytics to identify improvement opportunities as well as departures from long-term trends.
- Analyze student behaviors along the entire student lifecycle to identify process and student experience opportunities.
- Describe your process for programmatic changes.
- Continually assess and refresh program strategy – price, modality, and promotion.
- How will you evaluate your program for wasteful operational processes?
- Design software tools, applications, and interventions to help improve resource productivity.
- Perform ongoing evaluation to identify operational improvement actions.
- Drive continuous improvement through periodic, detailed business reviews with key stakeholders.
Who is Involved:
3rd Party Vendor (Initiator)
Purdue Online (Initiator)