Questions to Consider:
Data Entry and Collection
- Will you collect the following data? If so, how? (career/job data of current students and graduates, student touch/contact data, internship/clinical data, student feedback/satisfaction, voluntary drop reasons, applications/admissions)
- Ensure students have appropriate attribute and detail codes assigned in the student and finance data systems.
- If you are using an OPM or non-standard software, how will you migrate data into the central systems?
- Provide staff with training on appropriate data entry.
Data Reporting and Analysis
- Work with the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Effectiveness (OIRAE) to provide data for reporting to government agencies (e.g., IPEDS), accreditors (e.g., HLC), and important profiling services such as US News and World Report.
- Collaborate with Purdue Online to maintain dashboards and standard reports that will make available real-time registration, enrollment, and financial reports.
- Collaborate with Purdue Online to respond to ad hoc data requests from the provost, the president, Indiana Commission for Higher Education (ICHE), the Board of Trustees, and others.
- Report on employment metrics and use the reports to further enhance career and income outcomes.
- Optimize vendor performance through data analytics and regular performance reviews.
- Use predictive analytics to identify at-risk students and intervene to keep them on track.
- Track reasons for students’ drop-off and withdrawal, and generate insights from the data to improve service.
- Use analytics to improve student support processes, business systems and processes, and marketing.
Who is Involved:
Purdue Online (Initiator)