Register now to join IMPACT X+ for summer, fall course preparation
This April, Purdue WL campus instructors can participate in IMPACT X+, a faculty development program that provides support and guidance in building courses that are intentional, Hy-Flex, inclusive, student-centered, and engaging.
The program takes place over three weeks and covers core elements of course design, with optional synchronous components in a cohort model similar to our full IMPACT program. This is an excellent opportunity to get support as you prepare your summer or fall course, engage with your peer instructors, and reflect on what worked well and what challenges you experienced this past year.
IMPACT X+ will:
- Be offered April 19 - May 7, 2021.
- Include faculty exemplars and templates for the following course archetypes: 1) discussion/small group/project-based, 2) experiential/fieldwork/clinical, 3) lab-intensive, 4) large lecture, and 5) writing-intensive.
- Incorporate asynchronous and optional synchronous components with fellow instructors and a support team, including topic-specific forums and drop-in help sessions.
- Foster a learning community environment by placing instructors in a group with other instructors and support members from the Innovative Learning Team.
- Provide funding of $1,000 to instructors upon completion of a Course Design Plan.
- Cover the following topics for each course archetype:
- Creating a Student-Centered Learning Environment
- Developing Learning Outcomes and Objectives
- Measuring Student Learning: Assessments
- Student Learning: Activities
- Drawing It All Together: Course Structure, Schedule, and Syllabus
There is space for 50 instructors in the 3-week cohort. When applying, interested instructors will indicate the course they will be focusing on during the program and the archetype that meets their biggest design challenge for their course.
This program takes approximately 40 hours of instructor time to go through all asynchronous modules and synchronous sessions. The expected deliverable is creating a Course Design Plan with aligned learning outcomes, objectives, assessments, and learning activities, as well as a teaching contingency plan.
Interested instructors can apply now by completing this Qualtrics survey.
For those who want the information but want to skip the facilitation, our open resource, IMPACT X Access, has all of the X+ content, as well as de-densified classroom images available. Anyone at Purdue can sign up for X Access at any time here.