Financial Model & Letters of Agreement
- Purdue Online has a financial model available for undergraduate online courses.
- Letters of Agreements are signed between the faculty, department head, and Purdue Online.
Development Funding Schedule
- Development payment totals $6,000 transferred to the department
- 25% paid upon completion of Milestone 1 in the course development schedule
- 50% paid upon completion of Milestone 2 in the course development schedule
- 25% paid upon completion of Milestone 3 in the course development schedule
- Milestone 3 requires that the course review is complete; review process is correlated to research-based and nationally recognized Quality Matters rubric. The development schedule is attached at the end of this document
- PO provides monetary instructional support for three academic semesters (not including summer) post-development
- Support is based on enrollment, encouraging increased access for students beyond former face-to-face offerings
- Support is calculated at $50/student/credit hour and is paid to the department near the end of the offering semester
- At the end of three semesters, support continues if overall enrollment has increased
Who is Involved:
Purdue Online (Initiator)
Business Office (Collaborator)