Education and Workforce Development
IN-MaC provides programs and services to enhance the talents and capabilities of Indiana’s present and future workforce by facilitating connections between educators and industry to catalyze the formation of near-term and long-term skills in a highly accessible manner. IN-MaC supports a variety of STEM-type, skilled trades, degree (associates and undergraduate) and certificate programs.
IN-MaC leverages its resources, networks and partnerships with Industry, Local Communities, Educators and Interested Stakeholders to provide a variety of formal courses and informal activities that embolden pathways to meet the talent needs of the present and future manufacturing workforce. We’d love to hear from you if you would like to learn more.
Education and Workforce Development Director, Sascha Harrell, email@example.com
K-12 Achievement Initiative
Provides a variety of formal and informal opportunities for K-12 educators, schools and students to discover new ways to explore design-thinking, problem-solving, technology and creative skill sets. Contact us to learn more about how you or your school can participate.
- M-STEM3 programs: Motorsports STEM for Manufacturing and Medicine
- Wonder-design-lab: provides technology-based maker tools to schools and communities
- Purdue College of Education: Career and Technical Education provides educators with advanced manufacturing skills to incorporate into their curricula “Advanced Manufacturing Leadership Development Program”.
- Manufacturing Day: opening doors and minds to inspire the next generation of manufacturers
- MakerMinded (sponsored by LIFT): bridges the gap between manufacturing leadership and the future workforce through a rich portfolio of activities and STEM-based learning experiences
- Innovate WithIN: a regional business pitch competition for Indiana high school students, sponsored by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) and Ball State University. Young innovators are invited to submit their ideas for a chance to win scholarships and prizes
Additive Manufacturing Capacity Development (Ivy Tech Community College)
- Investment to supplement Ivy Tech funding for three Stratasys Polyjet 3D printers, 3D Printing curriculum development, and faculty training to support the launch of additive manufacturing labs within the Ivy Tech system. The 2 year Associates Degree is fully transferrable towards a 4 year Undergraduate Degree, which increases flexibility and access to more Hoosiers to develop advanced manufacturing skills.
- Advanced Manufacturing and Workforce Development.
Advanced Manufacturing and Workforce Development (Vincennes University)
- 5 Axis CNC Programming: Certificate based training, Incumbent workforce focus.
- IN-MaC grant supported “Advanced Manufacturing Machinery Technician Now Program” for curriculum development, industrial maintenance and returning veterans.
- Jasper Automated Manufacturing Technology Degree Program: Industry based AS degree. A work-based program in automated manufacturing technology.
Meeting Workforce Needs for Mechatronics Technicians (Purdue University, Calumet)
- DOL Grant: All levels of learners: K-12 Pathways, AS & BS Degree, Credentialing / certification for Incumbent & Underemployed, On-site employee training.
- IN-MaC Add-in: Flipped / distance curriculum, Lecture capture.
Advanced Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (College of Education, Purdue University)
- Develop curriculum for CTE teacher professional development: Manufacturing career awareness, Preparation, Career pathways, Program participation.
- Program improvement plan for high school and middle school CTE educators in advanced manufacturing education.
- Also see “K-12 Achievement Initiative”
- Part of the national “maker” movement toward entrepreneurship, technology and start-up manufacturing.
- Local can be global and RUCKUS increases access to high-tech equipment such as 3D printers, CNC machines, laser cutters and other prototyping and fabrication equipment.
- RUCKUS expands the range of locally-developed and built products by increasing the access of designers, fabricators and entrepreneurs.
Digital Enterprise Related Offerings
- 2016 Model Based Definition Certificate
- Product Lifecycle Management Certificate
- Undergraduate/Graduate Courses