Remote Work Reimbursement Process
Employees who have been identified as remote and/or hybrid workers may request a reimbursement for expenses incurred during the following time periods: June 1, 2021-December 31, 2021 and January 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022 related to adding internet service or upgrading internet service to maintain a minimum acceptable speed to enable effective remote work. A reimbursement will be provided to employees on an as needed basis and must meet the following criteria in order to be submitted for approval.
- Home internet speed falls below the recommended 15 Mbps for basic operational work or 25 Mbps for multiple users connected to the same network throughout the working day. To determine your network speed, you can conduct a speed test by visiting: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Employees must provide documentation there was an incremental increase in expense to add or upgrade service to meet the minimum recommended speed
- Employee is not already utilizing a University owned hotspot device
- Reimbursement should not exceed $25 per month over the 5-month timeframe
- Employee will be required to provide a monthly statement or receipt in order to process the reimbursement
All requests must be for the periods of June 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 and January 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022. Eligible employees should request the one-time expense reimbursement by December 31, 2021 (for summer/fall semester) and June 30, 2022 (for spring semester).
This one-time expense reimbursement will be charged to a central account. Units will not be responsible for providing account information.