A mid-year benefits checkup is good for your health
We all know life is hectic. However, it’s good to take a moment and check in on your benefits. Knowing what you have, where you stand and the resources and tools available to help you manage it all can relieve a little bit of stress.
With that in mind, the Benefits office is again offering helpful reminders and tips to keep you and your family on course for the remainder of the year.
- Preventive health care is important and provided at no cost on all Purdue medical plans. Be sure to take advantage of these benefits to help you and your family members stay in front of health concerns and help avoid more serious issues that may arise. You can view Anthem’s preventive care guidelines to see what is covered.
- Castlight’s health care shopping tool can help you find quality in-network doctors and review the cost for medical services. Easily manage your care anytime, anywhere with the free mobile app.
- The Center for Healthy Living, located on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus, provides no-cost preventive care services vital to protecting your health as well as no-cost health coaching and wellness workshops on a variety of topics. The Center also offers low cost treatment of illnesses and ongoing. Schedule an appointment today.
- Additional wellness benefits are offered if you participate in Accident Insurance through Trustmark or Critical Illness Insurance through Unum. Each plan offers wellness benefits for completing one covered wellness service. Examples of covered services include: routine physical, mammogram, colonoscopy, pap test or prostate exam. To review the benefits you’ve elected log in to EBenefits
- Accident Insurance will pay $50, up to a maximum of two wellness visits per person or 10 wellness visits per family each calendar year. Learn how to file a claim and collect your wellness benefit.
- The Critical Illness program will pay $75 each calendar year per covered person. To submit a wellness claim, simply provide your claim information over the phone or request to file a paper claim by calling 800-635-5597.
- Eye exams can help detect common vision problems and eye diseases that often have no early warning signs, such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Locate a participating VSP eye doctor and schedule a $5 eye exam for you and any dependents covered on your medical plan.
- Did you know good oral health is connected to overall health and oral diseases have been linked to diabetes, heart disease and stroke? If you are covered by a Purdue medical plan, take advantage of the recently added preventive dental coverage. As a reminder, this coverage includes – two cleanings, a fluoride treatment (up to age 19), and standard X-rays up to a $500 per person maximum - through Delta Dental at no additional cost. Find a Delta Dental participating dentist to schedule your preventive visit today.
- For those who elected additional dental coverage beyond the provided preventive care benefit, review your plan coverage details available to you through Delta Dental’s Consumer Toolkit. More information on Purdue’s dental insurance plans are available on the Benefits website.
- No-cost preventive prescriptions help keep you and your bank account healthy. View the list of most commonly used preventive generic drugs to help you make the most of your savings. Remember that using generic prescriptions whenever possible is another good way to keep your bank account healthy.
- Try Express Scripts’ prescription drug pricing tool to determine if a drug is preventive or non-preventive and compare the costs. Switching prescriptions to home delivery can save you time and money. Instructions on how to sign up are also available through the site.
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- View HSA/FSA balances and file claims via HealthHub’s website, powered by PayFlex. If you hold an HSA, remember to set/update your beneficiary information once you’re logged into PayFlex via HealthHub by selecting “View My Account” under the “Financial Center” tab. Choose “My Profile” in the left column and “Beneficiaries” from the top.
- Sign up for text or email alerts under “My Settings” in PayFlex via HealthHub’s website to receive periodic account balance updates and debit card notifications.
- Download the free PayFlex app from the app store on your mobile device for real-time access to account balances, claims processed and transaction details.
- Need to increase or decrease your HSA contribution? Log in to view and update any time through EBenefits.
If you have any questions or need additional help with any of your benefits needs, please contact Human Resources at 49-42222 or email@example.com for direct assistance from Benefits.