As part of the Protect Purdue Plan’s goal to transition some positions to remote work status, supporting the campus de-densification goals, new guidelines have been established for those working remotely, including hybrid positions (those positions working both on campus and remotely).
- The supervisor and employee should review the flexible/remote work assessment. This assessment reviews job function, workplace safety and data security requirements. The employee should complete a Remote Work Acknowledgment Form. The DocuSign form is used to confirm remote/hybrid work arrangements. It will need to route for supervisor for approval. Once approved, it automatically routes to Human Resources.
- If you are requesting to work remotely outside of Indiana for more than 22 days, please complete a Change of Duty Station request in advance of beginning your work from the alternate location. All Change in Duty Station requests must be reviewed for compliance and are required for both domestic remote work and international remote work.
- The employee and supervisor should review the responsibilities and expectations for remote work. A Home Office Setup Guide is provided as well.
- The employee should complete the Property Off Campus form to acknowledge any University-owned equipment that has been moved off campus. Business offices and supervisors should review the Tracking University Owned Assets for Remote Work Use.
- A Remote Worker Toolkit provides an example of the ‘ideal work area’ and links to resources.
- The Manager Toolkit outlines how to lead individuals and/or teams that are working remotely. There are several resource pages, outlining specific LinkedIn Resources. The Leading Individuals - Resources web page lists both supervisor and employee available resources.
- Frequently Asked Questions are available.
- Supervisor and employee will acknowledge returned equipment if a remote worker leaves the University. The supervisor can work directly with their business office to update the previously submitted POC form to reflect equipment return dates.
Questions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.