Influenza Vaccination Required for Faculty, Staff and Students
As previously announced, the annual influenza vaccination is a requirement for students, faculty and staff as a condition to being on campus in conjunction with the University’s Protect Purdue initiative and in line with the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program.
Members of the campus community who were required to obtain a flu shot between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 are:
- Students who opted for on-campus instruction this fall.
- Students who opted for online instruction this fall and plan to switch to on-campus instruction in the spring.
- All faculty and staff, regardless of where they are working from at the time.
Seasonal flu shots are provided at no charge to all benefits-eligible Purdue faculty and staff as well as spouses and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan.
Faculty / staff should direct their questions to Human Resources at 765-494-2222.
Students should direct their questions to the Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) at 765-494-1837.
Additional West Lafayette Campus Locations
Employees and students should bring their PUID and insurance information.
Center for Healthy Living (CHL)
- Who: Faculty, staff and their spouses and dependents.
- How: By appointment only; call 765-494-0111.
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/hr/CHL/
Nursing Center for Family Health
- Who: Faculty, staff and students.
- How: By appointment only; email email@example.com to schedule.
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/nur/centers-clinics/ncfh/index.html
Purdue University Pharmacy (PUP)
- Who: Faculty, staff and students. Students under the age of 18 must provide written consent from a parent or guardian in order to receive their flu shot at PUP.
- How: Walk-in available 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/rx/
Purdue University Student Health Service (PUSH)
- Who: Students; specifically the following:
- Minors (students under the age of 18).
- Students who have an already existing appointments to meet the PMIR requirements for the state of Indiana.
- How: By appointment only; 765-494-1700
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/push/
Vaccination Proof or Declination
Employees and students will upload the proof of vaccination provided at the on-campus flu shot events or location, or by their health care provider or community pharmacy. Employees and students who are unable to get the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious reason will need to complete and upload the Purdue University Influenza declination form.
Where to upload documentation
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff: Healthy Boiler Portal. Please follow the upload instructions.
- Employees who are not in benefits-eligible positions should send their documentation to HR using this secure HR Help form, along with their name and PUID number.
- Students: Student Health Center portal
Purdue Northwest Campuses Flu Shot Events
Purdue Northwest Campus also offers on-campus flu shot events.