Influenza Vaccination Required for Faculty, Staff and Students
As previously announced, the annual influenza vaccination is a requirement for students, faculty and staff as a condition to being on campus in conjunction with the University’s Protect Purdue initiative and in line with the Healthy Boiler Wellness Program.
Members of the campus community required to obtain a flu shot between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 are:
- Students who opted for on-campus instruction this fall.
- Students who opted for online instruction this fall and plan to switch to on-campus instruction in the spring.
- All faculty and staff, regardless of where they are working from at the time.
Purdue will be holding flu shot clinics and several on-campus locations also are offering flu shots. Those who are working and/or taking classes remotely this fall do not have to come to campus for their vaccine and can use their health care provider or community pharmacy if they choose.
Seasonal flu shots are provided at no charge to all benefits-eligible Purdue faculty and staff as well as spouses and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan.
Faculty / staff should direct their questions to Human Resources at 765-494-2222.
Students should direct their questions to the Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) at 765-494-1837.
On-Campus Flu Shot Clinics Available
The University is collaborating with external partners to offer onsite flu clinics. They are set up in and around the CoRec facility, University residence halls as well as fraternities, sororities and cooperative houses. Students, especially, are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity and attend clinics being held near them. Students should bring their insurance cards with them. Each event has a limited number of vaccines available and are being offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The schedule is below:
|Date||Company||Neighborhood||Times||# of shots||Tent location/Bldg Location|
|10/27/2020||Kroger||District of Tradition||3PM-7PM||250||Jischke - WOOD Parking Lot|
Purdue Flu Shot Clinics in University Residences
Open to members of the campus community required to obtain a flu shot between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31. Employees and students should bring their PUID and insurance information.
PUSH staff will be administering the flu vaccine.
- Tuesday, October 27: 9 a.m.-noon, Earhart conference room C234/235
- Tuesday, October 27: 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., CoRec Study Lounge
- Tuesday, October 27: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Purdue Graduate Student Center
- Tuesday, October 27: 1-4 p.m., Owen East Activity Room C215
- Wednesday, October 28: 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., CoRec Study Lounge
- Wednesday, October 28: 9 m.-noon, Wiley West Activity Room C203
- Wednesday, October 28: 1-4 p.m., Hillenbrand Lounge C102
- Thursday, October 29: 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., CoRec Study Lounge
- Thursday, October 29: 9 a.m.-noon, Griffin South conference room 159
- Thursday, October 29: 1-4 p.m., First Street Towers Activity Lounge C166
Additional West Lafayette Campus Locations
Employees and students should bring their PUID and insurance information.
Center for Healthy Living (CHL)
- Who: Faculty, staff and their spouses and dependents.
- How: By appointment only; call 765-494-0111.
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/hr/CHL/
Nursing Center for Family Health
- Who: Faculty, staff and students.
- How: By appointment only; email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/nur/centers-clinics/ncfh/index.html
Purdue University Pharmacy (PUP)
- Who: Faculty, staff and students. Students under the age of 18 must provide written consent from a parent or guardian in order to receive their flu shot at PUP.
- How: Walk-in available 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/rx/
Purdue University Student Health Service (PUSH)
- Who: Students; specifically the following:
- Minors (students under the age of 18).
- Students who have an already existing appointments to meet the PMIR requirements for the state of Indiana.
- How: By appointment only; 765-494-1700
- Website: https://www.purdue.edu/push/
Vaccination Proof or Declination
Employees and students will upload the proof of vaccination provided at the on-campus flu shot events or location, or by their health care provider or community pharmacy. Employees and students who are unable to get the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious reason will need to complete and upload the Purdue University Influenza declination form.
Where to upload documentation
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff: Healthy Boiler Portal. Please follow the upload instructions.
- Employees who are not in benefits-eligible positions should send their documentation to HR using this secure HR Help form, along with their name and PUID number.
- Students: Student Health Center portal
Purdue Northwest Campuses Flu Shot Events
Purdue Northwest Campus also offers on-campus flu shot events.