Transfer Students

If you have attended a college or university after graduating from high school, you’re considered a transfer student at Purdue University. Nutrition is an excellent subject to study because proper nutrition is an essential component to the treatment and prevention of six of the 10 leading causes of death in the United States. We offer excellent programs that prepare students for outstanding careers within the fields of nutrition, public health, science, and business. Our majors also offer excellent preparation for graduate/professional school by combining science, practical experience, and clinical nutrition. The Department of Nutrition Science is a great place to finish your degree because we care about your personal success and we offer one of the top programs in the United States.  Here are a few next steps to assist in the transfer process. 

Choose a major that’s right for you:

Nutrition and Dietetics

Nutrition, Fitness, and Health

Dietetics/Nutrition, Fitness, and Health

Nutrition Science

Speak with an academic advisor – Please contact one of our academic advisors to learn how your current credits will transfer or request advice on what courses you should take at your current institution to receive credit toward your desired major.

Visit the HHS transfer website – The transfer website includes suggested coursework for select community college students, links to admissions requirements, and information on scheduling a visit to HHS.

Department of Nutrition Science, 700 W. State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2059 (765) 494-8228, Fax: (765) 494-0674

© 2021 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by: Nutrition Science

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Purdue Marketing and Media at