Colleen Flora, MSN, RN, CPN, PCNS, CNE


BSN - Indiana University

MSN – Nursing Education, Indiana University

Post Masters Certificate – Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Indiana University,


Colleen graduated from Indiana University in May 1999 with high distinction.  While attending Indiana University, she was a student nurse at Riley Hospital for Children where she continued upon graduation on the medical-surgical units.  As her nursing practice developed, she found that she enjoyed teaching and mentoring new staff and students.  Colleen’s passion for teaching and mentoring directed her to her next career endeavor as a Clinical Educator while completing her Masters degree in Nursing Education.  She then worked as adjunct faculty for IU Health under a collaborative effort with the IU School of Nursing while completing a post masters certificate as a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist.  Colleen has been working at Riley Hospital more recently on a step-down cardiac unit and is thrilled to be back teaching and able to work alongside distinguished colleagues at Purdue University.  Colleen will be co-teaching in Health Assessment (sophomore) clinical as well as Pediatric (senior) clinical.  She is excited to be able to share her knowledge, expertise, and experience with Purdue University’s elite students.

Colleen has been married to her husband Brett since 1995 and they live in Indianapolis.  They have a 2 children, a daughter who will start college this fall and a son who will be a freshman in high school.  They also have a Labrador who is an integral part of the family.  Colleen enjoys traveling, attending sporting events, and watching movies.

Colleen’s focus area is Pediatrics (with a specific interest in pulmonary and congenital cardiac defects).

Area(s) of Specialization

Health Assessment


Colleen Flora

Phone: 765-496-0626
Office: HAMP 2215-B-1

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

2020 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by HHS

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact HHS.