Ismail Center employees receive valuable experience working with adults of all ages in a comfortable fitness environment. They are involved with all aspects of center operations. See the descriptions below for more information.
Fitness Facility Manager - Administrative Intern
- This position provides 500 hours toward your internship requirement. The position requires the intern to be responsible for and assist in training, supervision, and evaluation of Fitness Facility Instructors and programs through A.H. Ismail Center. The intern will be responsible for daily supervision of the fitness floor as well as some staff to ensure that all daily duties are complete. The intern will have a direct impact and involvement on student development within the Department of Health & Kinesiology Exercise Science Program. This position also assists with administration in daily operations, program development, development of promotional literature and conducting special fitness center events.
Requirements: Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in Health & Fitness, Food & Nutrition, or Health Promotion degree programs.
Fitness Center Supervisor - Student Intern
- Primary responsibility is to actively supervise the Exercise Floor, and check members in upon arrival. Assist members in operation of equipment and any fitness/health related issues. Supervisors are the front line staff for any emergency response. Secondary responsibilities include providing towel service to members, and general cleaning and maintenance of the equipment.
Requirements: Sophomore in Health & Fitness, Food & Nutrition, or Health Promotion degree program.
- As a personal trainer you would work one-on-one with clients, while providing instruction and assitance in teaching exercise movements correctly. Personal trainers primary responsibility is performing assessments and one-on-one training sessions. As a student trainer, you will be educated in how to perform, teach, and educate others in exercise movements. Personal trainers are also responsible to fulfill 5 hours per week as a floor supervisor or performing assessments.
- Requirements: Certification in NSCA, ACE, AFAA, ACSM, or NSCA.
Group Exercise Instructor
- The Group Exercise Instructor teaches group classes to members of the Ismail Center. Classes may include: Hi/Lo Aerobics, Dance, Circuit, Balance, Strength, Yoga, Pilates, Flexibility training or the Instructor’s specialization.
- Requirements: Certification preferred. Experience Required.
All Employees are required to be trained in:
- CPR/AED, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogen, Business Procedures, Emergency Procedures and use of Cardio/Strength Equipment.