Focusing on Families
The Center for Families is not a department. Its work is not affiliated with just one discipline. If you have an interest families in all of their diverse forms, feel free to contact the center to explore possible options, email@example.com. Opportunities are announced every fall and and awarded each spring. Visit the annual funding program page for information on the process. Visit the individual pages below to learn more about each opportunity.
- Levien Family Policy Scholarship ($1000 scholarship and graduate internship – 590000 credit)
- Research with Families (Graduate or Undergraduate – 59000 or 39000 credit)
- Center for Families Internship NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED (Undergraduate – 390000 credit)
Fellowships and Grants
Eligible applicants for student opportunities include sophomore, junior or senior undergraduates or graduate students who are in good standing in degree programs.
Edward V. and Mary E. McAllister Fellowship (not offered every year)
Family Research Grant ($1000)
Justice Family Nutrition Grant ($1000)
Interdisciplinary Research Grant ($500)
Research Enhancement Grant ($500 – undergraduate research)
Student Funding Submission Requirements
- Guidelines for submissions
- Completed cover sheet (Found on How to Apply page)
- Memo no longer than 3 double-spaced pages in which you:
- Identify the resource you are requesting and how it will be allocated (i.e., if you are asking for money, how much and how will it be spent).
- Explain what you plan to accomplish using the resource (e.g., what work will you complete).
- Explain how the work you plan will help the Center for Families and its audiences.
- Summarize your qualifications – explain why you should be chosen as the recipient.
- Include a copy of unofficial transcripts
- A letter of support from the faculty member(s) who has agreed to supervise the award work.
- Cover sheet, memo and letter(s) of support must be combined into one file and submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with opportunity you are applying for in the email subject line.
- A report summarizing the work completed must be submitted two months after the work is completed.
- If the funding received is supported by a specific donor or fund, the recipient will be expected to communicate with the donor(s) about the award/research.
- All publications or products completed with Center for Families support should acknowledge that support.