Research Enhancement Grant
The purpose of the research enhancement grants, which are made initially to faculty and then passed to students, is to support student training and involvement in research. Up to 2 awards of $500 will be given to investigators to fund undergraduate student travel to research or training opportunities, or to provide stipends for undergraduate members of research teams. Projects receiving research enhancement grants must be affiliated with the Center for Families, either at original submission or amended prior to disbursement of funds. Principal investigators of funded projects must be or become faculty partners of the Center for Families.
These grants are available thanks to generosity of Bob and Joyce Miles.
Faculty Funding Submission Requirements
- Guidelines for submissions
- Completed cover sheet (download PDF or DOCX version)
- Coversheet, memo and budgets must be combined into one file and submitted in PDF format to email@example.com with award you are applying for in the email subject line.
- Memo no longer than 3 double-spaced pages in which you:
- Identify the resource you are requesting and how it will be allocated (i.e., if you are asking for money, how much and how will it be spent).
- Explain what you plan to accomplish using the resource (e.g., what work will you complete).
- Explain how the work you plan will help the Center for Families and its audiences.
- Summarize your qualifications – explain why you should be chosen as the recipient.
- Proposals for the
- Burkhart, Kontos, and Hancook Fellowships must be accompanied by a COEUS budget.
- Fellowship funds from the Center for Families should not be allocated to indirect costs.
- Research Enhancement Grants must be accompanied by a COEUS budget when appropriate.
- A report summarizing the work completed must be submitted two months after the work is complete.
- If the funding received is supported by a specific donor or fund, the recipient will be expected to communicate with the donor(s) about the award/research.
- When the external proposal is submitted, the transmittal sheet must indicate affiliation with the Center for Families.
- Proposals supporting the preparation of applications for external funding must specify the prospective funder and the anticipated date of submission of the application.
- All publications or products completed with Center for Families support should acknowledge that support.