The Burkhart Award for Excellence in Research About Families is given to a researcher from Purdue University, along with $500, who was the lead author of published work in the previous calendar year that represents outstanding family research.
The Center for Families is seeking nominations (self-nominations accepted) for the 2020 Burkhart Award For Excellence in Research About Families. Nominations are accepted through January 13, 2020. Eligibility requirements include:
- • Researcher at Purdue University
- • Nomination (self-nominations are accepted)
- • Lead author of published work during the 2019 calendar year that represents outstanding family research (may be published in print or in advance online).
- • Articles must have been published in a peer-reviewed journal, and must be empirical (both qualitative and quantitative methods are welcome, but narrative literature reviews are not eligible).
- • Published work may be from any discipline, departments, or college
- • Researchers who have received the award within the past three years are not eligible
Submit nominations to Committee Chair, Zoe Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 1/13/2020. Submissions must include:
- Cover letter indicating support for a given article as outstanding family research
- Electronic copy of nominated article
- Contact information for the nominator and the lead author for the article
Contact email@example.com with questions.