Faculty Funding Opportunities
The 2020 Funding Program is currently accepting applications through January 13, 2020. Download the 2020 funding brief to learn more. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Each year, in addition to supporting undergraduate research, CFF awards one faculty fellowship to support preparation of publications or proposals for external funding that will be affiliated with the Center for Families. For details on annual cycle and application requirements visit the annual funding page.
Preference will be given to:
• CFF faculty partners.
• Faculty who have not previously received Center for Families funding.
• Proposals that will lead to external funding affiliated with the Center for Families.
• Burkhart Fellows focus primarily on emerging family issues.
• Hancook Fellows focus on maximizing the health, well-being, and development of adults as individuals, parents, and partners.
• Kontos Fellows focus primarily on optimizing the development of children and youth.
Faculty Funding Submission Requirements
- Guidelines for submission
- Completed cover sheet (download PDF or DOCX version)
- Memo no longer than 3 double-spaced pages in which you:
- Identify the resource you are requesting and how it will be allocated (i.e., if you are asking for money, how much and how will it be spent).
- Explain what you plan to accomplish using the resource (e.g., what work will you complete).
- Explain how the work you plan will help the Center for Families and its audiences.
- Summarize your qualifications – explain why you should be chosen as the recipient.
- Proposals for the
- Burkhart, Kontos, and Hancook Fellowships must be accompanied by a COEUS budget.
- Fellowship funds from the Center for Families should not be allocated to indirect costs.
- Research Enhancement Grants must be accompanied by a COEUS budget when appropriate.
- Cover sheet, memo and budgets must be combined into one file and submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with award you are applying for in the email subject line.
- A report summarizing the work completed must be submitted two months after the work is complete.
- If the funding received is supported by a specific donor or fund, the recipient will be expected to communicate with the donor(s) about the award/research.
- When the external proposal is submitted, the transmittal sheet must indicate affiliation with the Center for Families.
- Proposals supporting the preparation of applications for external funding must specify the prospective funder and the anticipated date of submission of the application.
- All publications or products completed with Center for Families support should acknowledge that support.