Fall 2016 - Change of Degree Objective (CODO)
Students wanting to "CODO" into an HHS major, add a second major or degree, or switch to another HHS major should follow these steps:
STEP 1: Review the CODO Requirements and CODO Information Chart.
STEP 2: Run a “What If” report in MyPurdue Plan for your desired major.
- Log into MyPurdue
- Select the Academic Tab
- Select MyPurduePlan
- On the “Worksheets” Tab, Click “What If”
- Select the Level (ex. Undergraduate)
- The Degree (ex. Bachelor of Science)
- The Catalog Term (ex. Fall 2014)
- Choose the Major you are interested in
- Select the College (Health and Human Sciences)
- Select Minor if you wish
- Click “Process What-If” tab
Print out a copy of the “What If” report and bring that with you to your meeting.
Additional links to the Degree Requirements for each HHS program is located here: CODO Information Chart.
STEP 3:Register for an HHS CODO information meeting.
During the meeting an academic advisor will review:
- The academic unit, its majors and why students select them.
- Careers associated with these majors.
If you experience problems registering, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 4: After attending the CODO meeting, you may set up an appointment with the appropriate HHS unit Academic Advisor to complete the process and necessary paperwork.
- If you meet the CODO requirements and are CODO'ing from a major OUTSIDE of HHS, then please make sure that you bring 2 copies of the Change of Curricula Form and one copy of the CODO-in survey to your appointment.**
- You must have your current college fill out step one and sign the approval of your transfer.
- After you meet with your new advisor, and the Change of Curricula form is complete, return it to the Office of the Registrar in Hovde Hall, Room 45.
**If you are switching majors WITHIN HHS, then you do not need the Change of Curricula Form.
***If you are a first-year student and you have a Presidential or Trustees scholarship, you must remain in the program (major) to which you were originally admitted for at least one full academic year. If you changes programs during your first year, you will relinquish your scholarship. See important notes regarding scholarships here.
NOTE: If you experience problems or have questions please contact the HHS Student Services office at 765-494-8533 or email Glenise Ewalt at HHSCODO@purdue.edu
If you need to reschedule your appointment please contact the unit office where you made the appointment.
CODO Information Chart
*This degree program is either no longer accepting applicants and/or no longer offered.
**No degree requirements are available due to the fact that this degree program is either no longer accepting applicants and/or no longer offered.