1.Providing Experiential Learning and Academic Opportunities: Supporting the student experience in and beyond the classroom.
Providing out-of-classroom learning opportunities that contribute to a world-class Purdue education and, within the context of what we do, providing classroom learning experiences in collaboration with the academic wing of the University.
• Students actively involved in a student-centered department
• Students taught transferable skills and observe value of a strong work ethic as demonstrated by departmental staff
•Students provided real-world experience in events business
• Collaborations with academic departments in educating and developing students (internships/ assistantships/ teaching and supporting classes)
• Demonstrated assistance in student post-graduation placement and success
2. Deliver High Quality Service: Delighting our customers
Deliver the highest quality service to our customers.
•High levels of customer satisfaction achieved through exceeding customer’s expectations
• Staff skill sets, both technical and interpersonal, are continually increased
• Processes that promote assessment of customers’ needs and perceptions as well as identifying and promoting follow-through on opportunities for improved service
• Culture that embraces continuous improvement
•Business model is responsive to customers’ needs
3. Fostering a sense of community: Focal points in gathering spaces for students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors.
As a part of providing the University with professional event services and performance venues, as well as supporting student learning, engage with individuals, units and organizations to form partnerships that contribute to the needs of the University, the community, the State, and society.
• Form and foster partnerships with public and private sector entities to respond to a variety of needs (educational, entertainment, civic, social, support of the arts, consultation, etc.)
• Form and foster mutually beneficial relationships with other venues, production companies, and educational institutions
• Responsive civic engagement through partnerships with and in support of local events and community activities, particular those related to the Arts