Jump to main page content
Purdue signature
facebook google twitter instagram youtube vimeo

Teacher License - Educational Studies

We are pleased with your interest in our graduate program. Before you continue with the electronic application for admission, we wish to ensure that you are familiar with the minimum requirements for admission to graduate degree study in Educational Studies. It is important to recognize that although satisfaction of these basic requirements does not guarantee graduate admission, failure to satisfy these requirements may lead to automatic denial of admission.

Supporting Documents: Additional documents are required to support the application. Supporting documents should be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Education. Supporting documents include the following:

  • Transcripts from all universities attended. Educational Studies will NOT accept unofficial transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded through the online application system for review purposes. You must provide official transcripts and/or academic records at the time of application.
  • A photocopy of your Official Transcript Evaluation (from the Office of Professional
    Preparation and Licensure, BRNG 3229, Phone (765) 494-2345)
  • If you need to renew an existing license, please see instructions for applying as a Professional Educator.
Contact Information Send Supporting Documents To:
(In order to expedite the processing of your application, we ask that you submit all supporting documents in one large envelope.)
Websites of Interest
Name: Office of Graduate Studies
Phone: (765) 494-2345
Fax: (765) 494-0587 E-mail: education-gradoffice@purdue.edu
Office of Graduate Studies
College of Education
Purdue University
100 North University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2098

Please note that only up to twelve credit hours taken in Teacher License (non-degree) status can be used toward a master's or doctoral degree at Purdue University. (Graduate School policy)