Boilers Work Internship Program
What is Boilers Work?
The Boilers Work internship program provides ten graduate students per year with a $4,000 stipend to pursue an unpaid summer internship. This program is intended to help our students garner real-world work experience, refine soft-skills, and establish career connections prior to graduation. Upon return, program participants are required to facilitate one professional development workshop to share their experiences and insights.
How to Apply
Students interested in applying are required to provide the following information:
- Your resume
- The name of the organization with which you will be interning, and a brief description of the organization/ internship program
- Cover letter detailing your professional goals and how your proposed internship will facilitate these goals program
- If selected, academic advisor signature and confirmation of acceptance into a non-funded internship program for summer 2021 are required (Due by April 30th).
Boilers Work 2021 Timeline:
April 16th: Application Deadline
April 19-22nd: Internal Application Review
April 23rd: Awards Announced
April 30th: Confirmation of internship offer and academic advisor signature due
July: Stipend Issued
Rules & Requirements:
- Students are required to identify and apply to internship opportunities independently
- Only non-funded internships qualify for this program
- Students are welcome to apply to internship opportunities with for-profit companies, non-profit entities, government organizations, and educational institutions
- The Boilers Work Internship Program is only open to residential graduate students at the West Lafayette campus
- If selected, academic advisor signature and confirmation of acceptance into a non-funded internship program for summer 2021 are required (Due April 30th).
- Participants must be enrolled in at least one course during the summer 2021 semester.
- Preference will be given to participants who have not previously received the Boilers Work internship stipend.
After the program is completed, participants must facilitate one professional development workshop to share their experiences and insights.