Boilers Work Internship Program
What is Boilers Work?
The Boilers Work internship program provides ten graduate students per year with a $7,500 stipend to pursue an unpaid summer internship. This program is intended to help our students garner real-world work experience, refine soft skills, and establish career connections prior to graduation. Participants are encouraged to submit a summary of their internship experience for publication in Purdue University's premier graduate research magazine, InnovatED.
How to Apply
Students interested in applying are required to provide the following information:
- Your resume
- The name of the organization with which you will be interning, and a brief description of the organization/ internship program
- Cover letter detailing your professional goals and how your proposed internship will facilitate these goals
- If selected, academic advisor signature and confirmation of acceptance into a non-funded internship program for summer 2023 are required (Due by April 28th).
Boilers Work 2023 Timeline:
April 3rd by 5:00 p.m.: Application Deadline
April 4-7th: Internal Application Review
April 14th: Awards Announced
April 28th: Confirmation of internship offer and academic advisor signature due
July: Stipend Issued
Rules & Requirements:
- Students are required to identify and apply to internship opportunities independently
- Only non-funded internships qualify for this program
- Students are welcome to apply to internship opportunities with for-profit companies, non-profit entities, government organizations, and educational institutions
- Students are not permitted to apply for this opportunity if the non-funded internship is affiliated with Purdue University.
- The Boilers Work Internship Program is only open to residential graduate students at the West Lafayette campus
- If selected, academic advisor signature and confirmation of acceptance into a non-funded internship program for summer 2023 are required (Due April 28th).
- Preference will be given to participants who have not previously received the Boilers Work internship stipend.
- Students who are over the cost of attendance allowance may not be eligible for awards.