When registering to attend the Big Ten+ Graduate School Expo, you will have the opportunity to apply for a travel reimbursement scholarship.
If awarded, a registered Grad Expo attendee can submit up to $500 of eligible travel receipts when checking into the event. See Award for detailed instructions and forms.
Eligible expenses covered by the travel scholarship include:
- Coach class airfare or other transportation to Purdue University
- Gasoline or standard mileage rate of .625 per mile (but not both)
- Airport transfers
- Standard hotel accommodations in the attendee's name for Saturday, Sunday and/or Monday night
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Complete Big Ten+ Grad Expo registration and the Travel Scholarship application section
- Attendee must be traveling to the Grad Expo from within the United States or its territories
Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and are not available to students traveling from outside the United States and its territories at this time.
To provide more students with an opportunity to participate and visit Purdue University, current Purdue students, previous Grad Expo, Purdue summer research program, Purdue visitation program participants, and Purdue Alumni are not eligible for travel scholarships.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline to apply for a travel scholarship is Friday, September 23, 2022. Applications received after this date will be considered based on funding availability.*
Notification of Award
Travel scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis beginning in August and will continue to be awarded as funds are available. You will be notified via e-mail if you receive a travel scholarship.
If you apply for a travel scholarship, but do not receive an award, you may qualify for a registration refund. The deadline to request the refund is 11:59 pm, Monday, September 26, 2022.
*Travel scholarship applications are only available through the Grad Expo online registration. If you do not register for the Grad Expo, your travel scholarship application will not be reviewed.