Does the ESE Program have funding or assistantships for students?

The ESE program currently has access to a limited number of fellowships each year to highly qualifed PhD applicants. These students are nominated for these fellowships by ESE faculty.

If you graduated from a U.S. High School, you are strongly encouraged to complete the diversity essay during the application process with the graduate school. This essay will increase the number and types of fellowships for which you can be nominated. Diversity in this case refers to experience, background, and factors other than just ethnicity or gender.

For students accepted into the program that are pursuing M.S. or PhD early communication with faculty who can provide funding support through their nominations as well as from their own funded research projects and departmental-specific teaching assistantship opportunities. Professional Masters students pursuing the non-thesis M.S. usually pay their own tuition and fees, but can pursue other funding and assistantship opportunities on their own.

What if I am admitted to the ESE program, but I don't receive an assistantship or fellowship?

Master's non-thesis students normally pay their own tuition and fees. We do our best to point students toward on-campus opportunities that arise for part-time positions, and assistantships. For thesis students, we strongly encourage applicants to converse with potential faculty advisors early in the process to discover available teaching and research assistantships. In the event that you are admitted, accept enrollment, but do not receive an assistantship 1) you can later decline enrollment, or 2) register for courses and pay your first semester tuition and fees - and once on campus begin looking for an assistantship for the second semester. Again, we will assist as much as is feasible, but cannot guarantee an assistantship.

Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 170 | 155  S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114 | 765-494-2600

© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by The Purdue University Graduate School

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact The Purdue University Graduate School.