Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP)
The Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) program is designed to improve underrepresented graduate students’ participation, preparation, and to ensure success in their academic careers. The program offers a series of personal and professional development workshops, mentoring, and outreach activities to help prepare URM students beyond graduate school. These activities provide the opportunity for participants to foster academic and research collaborations to support and enhance underrepresented graduate student experiences, and prepare for the professoriate. The overall goal for the AGEP program is to help facilitate graduate student retention through degree of completion, and provide resources that attribute to a successful entry into the professoriate.
- Application Open Date: March 1st
- Application Close Date: May 1st
- Notifications: 1st week of June
- Program Dates: Fall 2022 – Summer 2023
- $500 - $1500 Stipend
- Fostering an AGEP community and academic network
- Professional Development Workshops
- Mental and Wellness Workshops
- Mentoring and Tutoring Opportunities
- Outreach Activities
- Travel Grant Opportunities (up to $500)
Steps to apply/requirements for application
- Eligible graduate students: either U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or DACA recipients that have graduated from a U.S. High School, passed qualifying/preliminary exams while pursing a doctoral degree, and be a full-time graduate student at Purdue West Lafayette campus.
- Apply to Purdue AGEP Program through the application portal.
- Upload a current CV/Resume.
- Upload a 1-page description of your research
- Upload a 1-page diversity statement that describes your leadership, work, volunteer and any other experience with diversity and/or social justice issues, which can include experience working with underrepresented minorities. Describe how these experiences foster a culture of enhanced direction, experience, and ideas in scholarship and research.
- Provide name, email, and phone # of supporting faculty advisor from Purdue University. Your advisor will receive an email to complete a short questionnaire confirming your good standing in your department and approving your participation in the AGEP Scholar Program.