About the Global Ambassador Program
The Graduate School’s Global Ambassadors initiative was launched in 2010 as part of the Graduate School’s strategic plan to double the number of international students from certain geographic regions, specifically South America, Europe and Africa. Since that time, the program has expanded to include graduate students from all over the world. Global Ambassadors are current graduate students in good academic standing who assist with recruitment. Purdue University ranks #1 among U.S. public institutions for international students within the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) disciplines and 4th overall.
These enthusiastic students are a wonderful asset to our recruitment team. They assist by:
- Emailing prospective students
- Reviewing and offering suggestions on recruitment communications
- Assisting with recruitment events, such as presentations, panels, or receptions
- Providing perspective on their country’s culture and educational system
- Helping to establish recruitment networks through contacts in their home countries
- Sharing their experiences through testimonials, videos, and photos used in recruitment materials
- And more!