13 thoughts on “Homework 7.2”

1. For this homework, I believe so. The other problems want us to use the other two methods. In my solving, I only used it for this question

1. Hi Braden,
      I believe you need to break up the beam and use one section of it to solve for that reaction there before you can solve for the reactions and moment at the wall.

1. I'm having trouble figuring out how to solve for the individual deflection expressions using the table. I'm not seeing the point to solving for the reactions and moments on the beam when it seems like none of the equations on the table include a distributed load, moment, applied forces, and reactionary forces and I'm not using anything I solved for initially to find the deflection expressions.

1. I'm also having trouble with this; I've gotten as far as solving for the reaction at C, but I don't know how to go about solving for the deflection of each section of the beam.

2. How far do we need to simplify our solutions to part a? Can we leave it in the three sperate terms from the loads? Do we need to combine all like terms?

3. I'm confused on how to solve for the reaction Cy. I am assuming we are supposed to use the fact that v(0.2L) at the roller = 0, but I'm not sure what to do with that.

1. You can use the boundary condition that you mentioned with an applicable displacement equation for that position to solve for the value of Cy. In this case, x = 0.2L and v = 0. (you could use either the displacement equation from 0 to 0.2L or the one from 0.2L to 0.9L.