Educational Opportunities

Staff members who wish to undertake graduate study must be admitted by the Graduate School and obtain permission from their department heads. Academic load guidelines are determined by the conditions of the appointment.

Persons who hold professorial or instructor rank on a Purdue campus may take graduate courses but may work for advanced degrees at Purdue only under certain conditions and with prior approval of the dean of the Graduate School.

Staff members employed half-time or more, with rank of instructor or above, administrative, professional and regular clerical/service staff who are taking classes on a continuing basis are limited to seven hours a semester and four hours during the summer session.

Enrollment of a regular employee in University courses must be with a certification signature by his or her department head on a Registrar’s Course Request (Form 23).

Employees may be eligible to receive a reduction of fees for themselves, their spouse or domestic partner, or their dependents. For further information regarding eligibility, employees should review and complete an Application for Staff, Staff Child or Staff Spouse/Domestic Partner Fee Remission (Bursar’s Form 15). The form is available at

Staff who are required to audit a course at the request of his or her supervisor for job training and who do not receive academic credit for the course will receive a waiver of eligible fees based upon the supervisor’s certification.

Featured Purdue Videos

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Human Resources

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Human Resources at