West Lafayette Global Fest will be hosting a callout for their annual Global Fest street festival on Friday, April 22 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm at the International Center at 523 N. Russell St. If you’re interested in participating and need more information on the event or want to sign up for a booth, please feel free to attend this callout. This event includes lots of vendors, food, musical acts, and dancing. It’s a wonderful way to meet people from around the world!
Do you love serving your community? Are you thinking of making it your career, but aren’t sure which major is for you? If so, consider attending the Human Services Internship Poster Session. It’s a great way to learn about the Human Services major and the community and non-profit organizations they work with.
This 4-week summer program will take students to Australia and New Zealand where they will gain an understanding of health and healthcare in different communities by examining narratives, beliefs, and meanings unique to each location. Students will meet community leaders and explore Australia and New Zealand to better understand the challenges community members face when helping people in need, specifically those in Indigenous and Māori communities. All majors are welcome to travel, learn, and explore with us!
6 credits | May 28 – June 18 | $4,964 with Purdue Moves Scholarship
From Jane E. Anderson, Interim Director for the Purdue Center for Professional Selling:
Medical Sales Day
- Wednesday, April 20th
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (drop in as your schedule permits, but complimentary lunch requires an RSVP)
- Location: STEW 278 (morning events) and Marriott Hall Atrium (afternoon events).
Are you interested in Medical Sales? Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to connect with the Medical Sales Industry!
Hear presentations from several medical sales companies, learn how you can break into the industry, and meet and network with medical sales professionals. Talk with industry powerhouses including Zimmer Biomet, Eli Lilly & Company, Northwind Pharmaceutical, and Medtronic. Come participate as your schedule allows. All majors welcome!
Attire is business professional.
A lunch will be provided to you by Zimmer Biomet. Space is limited for lunch so ACT NOW to reserve your spot! Register Here!
AGENDA ~ Please feel free to drop in as your schedule permits:
- 8:30 a.m. Doors open (STEW 278)
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Kick-Off, Introduction and Welcome words ~ Guest Speaker, STEW 278
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Why Purdue Sales as your Source for Sales Talent? Presented by Center for Professional Selling sales interns.
- 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. Interactive Networking Activity & Break. Students & company representatives
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Facilitated Panel Discussion. Consider what is relevant preparation for a medical sales career. Learn about the day in the life of a medical sales rep. Learn how to ‘break into’ the business of medical sales…AND MORE!
- 11:45 – Noon Walk to Marriott Hall Atrium for lunch
- 11:45 a – 1:00 p.m. Lunch, sponsored by Zimmer Biomet, with keynote speaker. Reservations required.
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Individual Company Presentations – Marriott Hall, atrium
- 1:00 – 1:15, Zimmer Biomet
- 1:15 – 1:30, Eli Lilly and Company
- 1:30 – 1:45, Northwind Pharmaceutical
- 1:45 – 2:00, Medtronic
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. One on One’s with Medical Representatives – Marriott Hall, atrium
- Table 1, Zimmer Biomet
- Table 2, Eli Lilly and Company
- Table 3, Northwind Pharmaceutical
- Table 4, Medtronic
- 3:00 p.m. CLOSING REMARKS
Learn more about our Sales Center at: http://www.purdue.edu/proselling/
A new work-study position for this summer has opened up in the Exploratory Studies office!
Position: Office Assistant I, Student Clerical Job, Level 1
Location: Young Hall, 8th floor
Essential duties : Welcome guests, schedule appointments, file, make copies, run campus errands, other Job related tasks as determined by supervisor
Responsibilities: Maintain confidentiality, able to work independently.
Necessary Qualifications: Must be thorough, dependable, friendly, outgoing, willing to work a 8-10 hours per week, and be work-study eligible.
If you are work-study eligible and interested in this position, please send your résumé and availability to Kim Roswarski at email@example.com! The position begins May 2nd.
Just in Time Job Fair: Tuesday, April 26th, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, Purdue Memorial Union.
The Just in Time Job Fair is the last opportunity in the spring semester for companies interested in meeting with Purdue students to fill both full-time and internship opportunities. Each year, approximately 500 students attend from most majors. Open to all students.