If you are interested in taking summer courses at a Purdue regional campus (IUPUI, Calumet, Purdue North Central, or IPFW), representatives from some of these campuses (not IPFW) will be visiting West Lafayette to help you register (we’ll post specific dates and time to the blog soon). Regional campus courses transfer both grade and credit back to the West Lafayette campus.
You will need to apply for summer admission with these campuses before you can fully schedule for courses. Here’s the transfer admission information for each campus: IUPUI, Purdue Calumet, Purdue North Central, and IPFW.
If you want to take summer courses at another college or university outside of the Purdue system:
- Realize that no grades will transfer, but you must earn a C- or better in the course in order for that course credit to transfer back to Purdue. Transfer credit does NOT replace Purdue grades.
- Check the Transfer Credit Database for your course’s Purdue equivalent: https://selfservice.mypurdue.purdue.edu/prod/bzwtxcrd.p_select_info. X’s in place of course numbers in this database means that your college’s course has no Purdue equivalent (for example, “MA 1XXXX”).
- Contact the college’s admission department. Tell them that you are only taking courses during the summer. Most colleges and schools have admission categories for “temporary,” “summer,” “transfer,” or “transient” students. Enroll and register with them.
- Don’t take online laboratory courses without consulting your advisor first! Other courses taken online are probably fine.
- Taking courses at international universities and colleges:
- College of Science will not accept courses from non-degree-granting schools who use reputable universities as a location to teach their courses. This is probably true across most of Purdue’s colleges and schools.
- College of Management will only accept transfer courses from AACSB-accredited universities.
How do I transfer courses back to Purdue?
Ask the Registrar’s office at your summer college to send an official, final transcript to this address:
Schleman Hall of Student Services
475 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Or the transcript can be sent electronically from the Registrar’s office through a transcript service to firstname.lastname@example.org. An official transcript is required from any college outside the West Lafayette campus, including Purdue’s regional campuses.