Your Purdue E-mail
E-mail is the main communication portal between all Purdue offices and students. To make sure students do not miss important academic announcements and course updates, it is necessray they take the time to check their Purdue e-mail on a regular basis. Exploratory Advisors recommend you do this at least once daily.
Review the official university policy on e-mail.
Forwarding to your Purdue e-mail address
If you want to forward e-mail from other accounts to your Purdue account (i.e. your “@purdue.edu” address), edit your preferences for that e-mail service to send e-mail directly to your Purdue account.
Forwarding your Purdue e-mail to another address
If you want to forward your Purdue account e-mail to another service, follow these steps:
- Go to ITaP’s Secure Purdue homepage.
- Click on the link “Change Your Password.”
- Login using your current Purdue Career Account username and password.
- Look for the “Your Account Tools” tab, and then below it, click on the link to “Change Mailbox.”
- Click on the option to forward your Purdue e-mail to an e-mail address of your choice.
- Save Changes and then Logout.
Admitted students (including beginning, transfer, re-entry, and re-admitted students) who are setting up their accounts for the first time would follow steps #1-4 above. They would then click on the radio button for “Purdue myMail Service.” Until this is done, students will not be able to receive or read any of their Purdue e-mail.