Exploratory Studies Explore Your Options

Declare Your Major

CODO banner

Ready to declare your major?  The Change of Degree Objective (CODO) allows a current Purdue student to transfer from one school or college to another within Purdue.  This is the process by which Exploratory Studies students move to their desired majors!  In order to successfully CODO, follow these eight simple steps:

How to CODO from Exploratory Studies 

  1. Confirm your eligibility to CODO to your desired major. Review the CODO requirements for your college or school. 

  2. Complete any other CODO requirements, such as applications, resumes, etc

  3. Make an appointment with your CURRENT EXPL ADVISOR to obtain CODO form.

  4. Take the CODO form to your new college or school for approval.  You can get the location either from your CODO meeting or from your Exploratory Studies advisor. 

  5. Deliver the CODO form to the Office of the Registrar in Hovde Hall (HOVDE on the map), Room 45.  They will process your CODO by changing your college (or school) and degree in your official MyPurdue record. 

  6. Confirm your CODO by checking myPurdue > Academic Tab > Academic Profile area (right side of the page). 

Exploratory Studies, Young Hall, Room 831, 155 S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-0843

© 2015-2017 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Exploratory Studies

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Exploratory Studies at exploratory@purdue.edu.