Training on Youth Safety
The Operating Procedures for Programs Involving Minors require all program staff to complete training on youth safety and the requirements for mandatory reporting in Indiana. The University provides two options, as noted below, for fulfilling this requirement. Alternatively, program sponsors may provide their own training to program staff as long as it covers, at minimum, information on youth safety and the mandatory reporting requirements in Indiana.
Option 1: University Faculty, Staff and Students
Individuals with a Purdue University career account may access an online training program called Child Sexual Abuse: Prevention and Response.
Option 2: Individuals not Associated with the University
Anyone who is not employed by or enrolled at the University may access an online quiz based on the Guidelines for Youth Safety and Working with Minors. Follow the instructions below to complete this training.
- Before you register and take the certification quiz, make sure that you have read through and understand the Guidelines for Youth Safety and Working with Minors. There is no content to review once you get to the test.
- To register, go to the Course Catalog, and next to Youth Safety click Add to Cart.
- Click Continue on the next page.
- Click Checkout.
- If you do not have a Purdue Career Account to log in, click on Create an Account.
- Enter your user information and click Create Account.
- Edit your contact information and click Continue.
- Enter your activity information and click Continue.
- Read and accept the terms and click Submit.
- Click Submit to finalize the transaction.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you that provides login information to take the course. Please check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive this email. Once you are registered, you have 30 days to complete the program and print your certificate.
If you do not receive the email with the link to the quiz, first check your spam mail. If you still need support after that, call 765-496-3201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.