Communication Request Process for Postal
Responsibility: College/Department EM Communications EM Analysis and Reporting
- SUBMIT A SLATE COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST.
- Communications Request Form Project Type = Mailing List (Contact your College's Slate Point Person for the log in information - see below.)
- BUILD QUERY.
- DOWNLOAD EXPORT LIST.
(See Export below.)
How-Tos and Examples
- Common Uses: generating a mailing list for a postal print piece to prospective or admitted students.
- Prerequisites: user who will download the list must have a Slate user account; submit a Communications Request.
- Project Duration: 10 business days after a complete Communications Request is submitted.
- Responsible Party: College/Department
- Special Notes: A list will not be sent to you via email each week/month. The user must log in and download the list.
- Locate and navigate to the website URL provided by Enrollment Management Communications using the Chrome web browser. This URL was likely emailed to the individual listed as the "Requester" on the Communications Request form.
- If prompted, log in to Slate using your Purdue Career Account and password.
- To download the list, click on Run Query. This will generate a mailing list with the day's date.
- Click on the date; the query will then process.
- Click Export to download the file as an Excel file. The default file type is Excel, but there are other file type options as well. After the file downloads, click on the download and it will open and you can save the file.