Slate is not the best option for all call campaigns. It requires that callers have access to phone and computer.
Communication Request Process for Phone Campaign
Responsibility: College/Department EM Communications EM Analysis and Reporting
- REQUEST USER ACCOUNTS FOR CALLERS.
- SUBMIT A SLATE COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST.
- Communications Request Form Project Type = Call Campaign
- BUILD QUERY.
Using Slate to complete a call campaign
- Common Uses: calling prospective or admitted students by current students or staff who will be near a phone and computer.
- Prerequisites: request Slate user accounts for all callers a minimum of 10 business days prior to first call; submit a Communications Request.
- Project Duration: 10 business days after a complete Communications Request is submitted.
- Responsible Party: College/Department
- Locate and navigate to the website URL provided by Enrollment Management Communications using the Chrome web browser. This URL was likely emailed to the individual listed as the "Requester" on the Communications Request form.
- If prompted, log in to Slate using your Purdue Career Account and password.
- If callers need to isolate a subset of the call list (by major, race, home state, etc), click on the appropriate selection in the "Filters" area and use the drop down menu to select the population.
- If there are no students listed in the current call list area, click the Fetch Next button to get the first set of records.
- Identify which student you want to call next and click on the student's name.
- From the Row Preview window, click the link Submit Report when you are ready to make the call.
- (Optional) Use the form to update the student's information
- Update the status of the call:
- From the Code list, select "Call Campaign Status"
- From the Subcode list, select the appropriate outcome
- Add any additional comments to the Comments box
- If the student asked to not receive additional communication from Purdue, mark the "Yes" checkbox
- Click the Submit button to complete the call
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 until all students have been called in the current call list
- Click the Fetch Next button to load the next batch of students to call