Our Vision, Mission and Plan
The Core Enrollment Management Group will be a recognized leader at Purdue University and among higher education institutions by exceeding our constituents’ expectations and for meeting institutional enrollment, reputational, and student success goals. We will further be a recognized leader for strategic activities that contribute to institutional, state, regional and national priorities for postsecondary education participation and degree attainment.
Enrollment Management provides leadership, support, service and essential infrastructure for attracting, enrolling, retaining and graduating a talented and diverse student body. To those ends, EM provides the following: comprehensive recruitment activities and holistic admissions; strategically packaged student aid coupled with financial education and services; high-quality communications to students, their families, the University community and external constituencies: valid enrollment projections, data and analyses for both operations and decision-making; self-service tools for academic and student financial transactions, degree progress and records; and compliance with state and federal laws.
Enrollment Management further contributes to and advances our professions, and public policy and discourse regarding critical issues in education. Enrollment Management conducts these activities through partnerships and in a collaborative and intentional manner that supports student access and success, progress, degree attainment, and post graduate success.
- Accountability and Transparency – to students, their families, University colleagues, and state and federal authorities.
- Data-Driven Decision Making – to measure return on investments, guide practice, and inform policy through the collection, analysis, interpretation, and application of data.
- Diversity and Inclusion – to appreciate, respect, and incorporate in our work the unique perspectives, experiences, and contributions of individuals and cultures.
- Service Orientation - to value our customers' and staff members' investment of time and effort by developing and implementing effective communications and streamlined business processes.
- Healthy Work Environment – to take work seriously while simultaneously maintaining personal and organizational well-being; keeping a positive attitude, sense of humor, sense of joy, and purpose in our work.
- High Expectations and Strong Support – to foster a culture of excellence, mutual respect, and productivity while supporting our colleagues, our students, and ourselves; to support staff empowerment for continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Integrity – to ensure ethical practice in all our endeavors.
- Leadership – to make professional commitments and take action that shapes, advances, and positively influences the campus community and our professions.
- Professional Development – to encourage and facilitate continuous learning, training, and talent identification among our staff.
- Scholarship and Discovery – to influence Enrollment Management practices both within Purdue and externally by conducting, sharing, and applying research and outcomes.
- Stewardship – to use our resources wisely; with both care and appreciation.
- Collaboration – to proactively engage new and strengthen existing partnerships, incorporating diverse points of view, feedback, and ideas to mutual benefit.
- Efficiency, Excellence, and Accuracy – to ensure that all data, records and reports are precise and clear and that processes are streamlined to make the best use of human and technological resources.