Purdue will be the partner of choice for engagement that effectively leverages the University’s resources to advance the economy, education and quality of life.
To design, guide and lead collaborations that drive innovation, prosperity and an improved quality of life throughout Indiana and beyond.
Connect and collaborate with businesses, communities, and regions to leverage talent, innovation, and resources to address current and emerging real-world issues and opportunities.
- Build and strengthen the internal engagement network along with identifying other university and system-wide resources that are available to better understand what our capabilities are in conducting engagement activities.
- Create a system-wide engagement marketing plan to help us tell our story and provide information and awareness to our stakeholders as to the array of resources and capabilities we can provide.
- Expand the external engagement network and resources that are available to support engagement with a focus on development opportunities and creating a network of thought leaders and big ideas.
Promote, facilitate and reward faculty and student engagement including the scholarship of engagement as a recognized channel for faculty advancement.
- Define the scholarship of engagement that includes examples, providing resources and establishing a peer review process for engagement that is recognized by peers, nationally and beyond.
- Promote a culture to support engagement by networking with Associate Deans and regional campuses, establishing incentives along with awards and recognition and creating internal funding support.
- Promote engagement through programs system-wide (e.g., NFO, deans, department heads, ADVANCE, post-docs, graduate students).
Identify and deliver innovative programs and strategies to meet the informational, educational, and technical needs of the current and emerging workforce, businesses/industries, and communities/regions.
- Undertake continuous assessment of the needs and competitive strengths of the state’s current and emerging workforce; conduct quality/impact analysis to track the outcomes of our engagement work on Indiana and beyond.
- Present and support Purdue's P12 initiatives to help students be college and career ready.
- Develop and deliver community and regionally-focused programming to support identified needs across the state of Indiana.