JoAnn Miller Exemplary Community Partner Award
The JoAnn Miller Exemplary Community Partner Award, presented annually, recognizes a local community agency that has made a significant contribution to student development and learning by providing volunteer and educational opportunities.
The winning organization will receive a plaque as well as $1,000.00.
Nominees must be a not-for-profit organization, a school, or a unit of local government within Tippecanoe County that has partnered with Purdue to provide volunteer and/or meaningful service learning opportunities that demonstrate excellence in engaging students in meaningful service to the community.
- “Meaningful service” is defined as service that is reciprocal, students learn about challenges/issues in the community and are empowered to address them while the partner agency receives valuable services and resources
- The partner agency acts as co-educator for the students.
- Faculty, staff or students are invited to submit the nomination of a community partner;
- Completed nomination form (available online), including:
- How the agency and community will benefit from the award
- How students benefit from the agency
- How the agency benefit from the students
Nominations much be completed by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 6, 2020.
This award is in memory of JoAnn L. Miller, Associate Dean of Engagement and Head of the School of Interdisciplinary Studies in the College of Liberal Arts, who worked passionately to further engagement with the community by Purdue students, faculty and staff.