To: Executive Vice Presidents, Chancellors, Vice Presidents, Vice Chancellors, Vice Provosts, Deans, Directors and Heads of Schools, Divisions, Departments and Offices
From: Bill Sullivan, Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
Date: June 7, 2016
Re: Vice President for Human Resources
With mixed emotions, I announce that Trent Klingerman, who has served as Vice President for Human Resources on an interim then permanent basis since September 2014, has accepted a position as Chief Deputy Counsel in the University’s Office of Legal Counsel. I share in Trent’s excitement that he will return to a role that utilizes his passion for the law. Trent brought great leadership, energy and innovation during his tenure in Human Resources and we will benefit from his leadership for years to come.
Trent has agreed to remain in his current role until a successor is selected. In that regard, we will immediately commence a search for a leader with a proven track record of developing and executing a well-organized Human Resources strategy that drives high performance and is in line with the University’s educational, financial, operational and human capital goals. The successful candidate must have extensive experience leading a human resource function in a large, complex organization, including experience in Organizational Change Management, Human Resources Information Systems, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Leadership and Organizational Development, Compensation and Benefits.
Gina DelSanto, Chief of Staff, will chair the search committee, whose members include:
- Tiffany Eakin, Secretary, College of Agriculture Administration and Chair, Clerical and Services Staff Advisory Committee
- Suresh Garimella, Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships
- Sam Guffey, Laboratory Manager, Department of Forestry and Natural Resources and Chair, Administrative/Professional Staff Advisory Committee
- William Hutzel, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Technology and Chair, University Resources Policy Committee, University Senate
- David Reingold, Justin S. Morrill Dean of Liberal Arts
- Alysa Rollock, Vice President for Ethics and Compliance
- Brenda Coulson, Director of Talent Acquisition (Advisor and Coordinator to the Search Committee).
Please join me in wishing Trent well in this new endeavor.
Note: Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.