- Segregate radioactive waste according to waste segregation poster.
- Enter radionuclide and activity disposed into each container in waste log book.*
- Label containers to be picked up with:
- Authorization number
- pH (if liquid)
- solvents and percentages, must total to 100% (if liquid)
- Seal containers (plastic ties are provided for bags, cap if carboy, clamp on lid if metal & glass drum, tape scintillation vials into original box or double bag, seal or close sharps container)
- Submit a Radioactive Waste Pickup Request by one of the following methods:
- Use the online submission form
- Mail the Microsoft Word version to REM, HAMP
- Fax the Microsoft Word version to (765) 494-7403
Radioactive waste is picked up every Tuesday. Waste pickup request forms must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday for Tuesday pickup.
Contact Sharon Rudolph with questions.
* We suggested a waste log be kept near the waste area to keep a record of the isotope and activity added to each container to aid the person preparing the radioactive waste for pickup in labeling the waste.
Radioactive waste pickup requests need to be received by 5:00 pm on Monday for delivery Tuesday. To ensure that waste will be picked up, make sure waste is free from contamination and all labels are completely filled out. Use the Radioactive Waste Pick Up Request form to facilitate your pickup. When the "Submit by Email" button is pressed your email client should automatically open and email with the form as an attachment.
Before attempting to use the form ensure the following requirements are met:
- Acrobat Reader 8 or above is installed.
- An account on an installed email client is used to email the form. The form may not work properly when trying to use internet browser email account. If the form is attached to an internet browser email it is possible that no data will be transmitted or received.
If the form still does not work for you, complete it on line or by hand, print, and fax (765) 494-7403 or Campus Mail (REM, HAMP) it to us.