Presidential Safety Award
The Presidential Safety Award is awarded to individuals or groups that have made significant accomplishment in improving safety at Purdue University. The award is presented at the annual safety chair meeting in March of each year. The President or his designee will present a plaque to the individual or group in recognition of the safety achievement.
Nominations are accepted at any time but must be received by no later than January 31 of each year to be eligible for consideration during that calendar year. Nominations will be reviewed by the Environmental Health and Public Safety (EHPS) Award Committee with final approval by the Senior Director of EHPS.
Criteria and Eligibility
The selection for the Presidential Safety Award will be based on the following criteria:
- New or innovative methods for the implementation of safety.
- Excellence in safety program implementation.
- Demonstrated improvement in a safety program.
- Personal leadership in safety.
- Consistent safety performance over time.
All faculty, staff, and students are eligible for this award.
Click here for the nomination form.