Hazardous Materials Management
Annually, the Purdue West Lafayette Campus generates an average of 200,000 pounds of chemical waste (equates to approximately 25,000 individual containers) and 250,000 pounds of treated biological waste. The primary responsibility of REM's Hazardous Materials Management Section is to pick up, transport, process, and dispose of all this waste in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. Careful consideration is given to the disposal of every single container that is picked up and processed by our staff, with the highest priority given to environmental stewardship.
- Chemical Waste Pickup and Disposal
- Biological Waste Pickup and Disposal
- Chemical Shipping and Department of Transportation (DOT) Training
- Chemical Spill Response and Cleanup
- Hazardous Materials Pickup Request Form
- Biomaterials Pickup and Treatment Certification Form
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Guidelines
If you have any questions or comments regarding this section, please contact Adam Krajicek .