Fall 2021 Information
- August 23 – September 12: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- September 13 – December 12: Monday – Thursday 8am – 9:30pm; Friday 8am – 5pm
- December 13 – December 18 (Finals Week): Hours will be communicated at a later date
- The DRC Testing Center will be closed on: Labor Day (September 6), October Break (October 11-12), and Thanksgiving Vacation (November 24 – 27). Exam requests may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- *Hours are subject to change*
- Location – STEW G59.
- DRC Testing Module: Step-by-Step Guide – Instructors are encouraged to review the DRC Testing Module: Step-by-Step guide located on our website. It is filled with information on how to utilize the DRC Testing Module in the new Instructor Accommodation Portal.
Perhaps the biggest change for the Fall 2021 semester is that instructors must upload a Testing Instruction Form (TIF) BEFORE student can request any exams with DRC Testing. Instructors also will not be approving each individual exam request, but rather disputing any requests that fall outside their exam window. More information about this process can be found in the guide mentioned above.
Changes Due to Protect Purdue
In order to honor social distancing and the Protect Purdue Pledge, we have implemented the following changes:
- Flexibility – We have will have limited seating capacity without overflow rooms. Due to this, we are asking that instructors be flexible with us when trying to schedule students for exams.
- Delivery Methods
- Hand Delivery:A hard copy of the exam can be delivered to the DRC Testing Center at Stewart Center, Room G59. Please be sure you are providing enough copies of the exam for all the students taking the exam with DRC Testing.
- Digital Upload to Instructor Accommodation Portal: For detailed instructions on how to provide a digital copy of the exam for DRC Testing Staff to print, please refer to the DRC Testing Module: Step-by-Step Guide.
- Return Methods
- Faculty Pickup – The hard copy of the exam will be collected directly from the DRC Testing Center at Stewart Center, Room G59. We ask those picking up exams to present an ID for security purposes. In order to maintain social distancing and honor the Protect Purdue Pledge, the DRC Testing Center requires appointments for all exam pick ups. You may schedule an appointment at ly/DRCPickUp.
- Scanned copy uploaded to Instructor Portal - A scanned digital copy of the exam will be uploaded to the Instructor Accommodation Portal. Instructor will receive an email with instructions on how to download the exam when the exam has been uploaded. Please allow 24 business hours for this return method.
- Deliver to IDP for grading - Instructor will need to make sure they inform IDP that they will have some exams coming over from DRC Testing Center.
- Appointments Required – Appointments will be required of all faculty, staff and students who wish to enter the Testing Center.
- Masks Required – A mask must be worn by visitors to the Testing Center at all time.
The DRC staff are available to provide departmental or individual trainings on designing more inclusive approaches to assessments that allows all students to demonstrate their mastery of the course material in a manner other than exams. Let the DRC know if you’d like to discuss these options further, or if you’d like to make such changes to your course design.
For more information on accommodated testing at Purdue, contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 765-496-6168.
Phone: (765) 494-1247
YONG Room 830
155 S. Grant St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907