VACCINE Annual Meeting
Join Us for our 6th Annual VACCINE Meeting!
October 15th and 16th, 2014
Kurz Purdue Technology Center at Purdue Research Park
1281 Win Hentschel Blvd., West Lafayette, IN 47906 - Click here to map the address
Kurz Purdue Technology Center Parking Map - There is plenty of free parking outside of the building.
- A public forum to discuss VACCINE activities and the challenges of visual analytics, data, and homeland security
- Includes invited presentations, panel discussions and a technology showcase of decision-making tools with hands-on demonstrations of state-of-the-art technologies
Distinguished Keynote Speakers
- Congresswoman Susan Brooks, Indiana's 5th District
- Rear Admiral Kevin Cook, United States Coast Guard
- Vice Admiral Charles Michel, Deputy Commandant for Operations, United States Coast Guard
Wednesday October 15th
|9:00 AM||Registration and Breakfast|
|9:30 AM||Demonstrations and Poster Session|
|12:00 PM||Lunch and Networking|
Welcome and Introduction by Dr. David Ebert
Congresswoman Susan Brooks: "Keeping our Homeland Safe - Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead"
|1:30 PM||Rear Admiral Kevin Cook: "Energy Renaissance - Rivers to Rigs"|
|2:30 PM||Panel 1: Organizational Information Sharing, Problems, and Bottlenecks|
|Vice Admiral Rob Parker (Ret.), United States Coast Guard (Moderator)|
|Mr. Shawn Romanoski, Director of Telecommunications, Boston Police Department|
|Capt. Julia Hein, Deputy Director of Incident Management and Preparedness, United States Coast Guard|
|Mr. Ravi Suthar, Motorola Solutions|
|Rear Admiral Mike Parks (Ret.), United States Coast Guard|
Thursday October 16th
|8:30 AM||Panel 2: Social Media in Government and Safety|
|Dr. Satish Ukkusuri, Associate Professor, Civil Engineering, Purdue University|
|Mr. John Cox, Chief of Police, Purdue University|
|Dr. Sorin Matei, Associate Professor of Communication, Purdue University|
|Dr. David Ebert, VACCINE Director and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University|
|Dr. Robert Althauser, Disaster Assessment Manager, American Red Cross|
|10:00 AM||Break and Networking|
Vice Admiral Charles Michel, USCG : "DHS and Coast Guard Western Hemisphere Engagement -
Opportunities for Enhanced Visual Analytics, Command, Control, and Interoperability"
Panel 3: Effective Decision Making for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Response
|Mr. Jay Nawrocki, Executive Director, Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center|
|Mr. David Boyd, United States Coast Guard, Pacific Area|
|Mr. Tim Baughman, Chief, Public Safety Communications, Department of Public Safety|
|Dr. Kelly Gaither, Director of Texas Advanced Computing Center, University of Texas - Austin|
|12:30 PM||Lunch and Networking|
|1:30 PM||Training and Demonstrations|
If you have any questions regarding this event, please e-mail email@example.com.
VACCINE is dedicated to creating methods and tools to analyze and manage vast amounts of information for all mission areas of homeland security.
View VACCINE Information:
Click here to view more...
- Arizona State University
- Florida International University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Morgan State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Purdue University
- University of California, San Diego
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- University of Texas at Austin
- Simon Fraser University, Canada
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Jackson State University, Mississippi
Click here to view more...
500 Central Drive #226
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2022
- Phone: (765) 496-3747
- Fax: (765) 494-1028