The Interns for Indiana Program connects Purdue University students to Indiana startups and technology companies in order to promote economic development, enhance student success, and provide professional opportunities to high performing students with the goal of keeping them in the state after graduation. Through a mutual selection process, companies are matched with students from a wide variety of academic disciplines who can assist in research, product development, process improvement, marketing, sales, and other company needs.
- Nearly 650 students have honed their skills through internships at more than 200 Indiana startups.
- 93% of company partners report growth.
- At least 27% of students have been hired by their internship company following program participation.
- At least 18 companies have been started by program alumni.
- The majority of interns for Indiana students stay in Indiana after graduation.
- Students from a broad range of majors at four Purdue campuses have participated
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015 Fall (part-time) Sessions. Simply complete the application. Our team will review all student applications with the goal to make as many matches as possible. The application system will close September 1, 2015. Please share this opportunity with your fellow students. Below you will find the application.
Fall 2015 Semester
Company Application: July 27 – August 21
Student Application: Aug. 24– Sept. 1
Company – Student Interview Day: Sept. 4 and 8
Matches Announced: Sept. 10
Internship: Sept. 14 – Dec. 18, 2015
Spring 2016 Semester
Company Application: Oct 26 – Nov 16, 2015
Student Application: Nov. 23 – Dec. 7
Company – Student Interview Day: Dec. 11 and 14
Matches Announced: Dec. 16, 2015
Internship: Jan. 19 – May 7, 2016
Company Application: March 14 - April 1, 2015
Student Application: April 6 – April 22
Company – Student Interview Day: April 28 and 29, 2015
Matches Announced: May 4, 2016
Internship: May 16 – July 29, 2016
For more information contact:
Jennifer Dexter, Internship and Outreach Program Manager 765-496-9350; email@example.com