CCTR ADVISORY PANEL MEETING - September 10-11, 2009
The third 2009 quarterly meeting of the CCTR Advisory Panel took place in Vincennes on Thursday, September 10, 2009, on the Vincennes University campus.
On Friday, September 11, 2009, a tour was offered of the Air Quality Mine, Peabody Coal, Vincennes, IN.
Click here to view photos from the mine tour safety session
Marty Irwin, CCTR Director
765-494-7037, Purdue Office
317-232-8970, Indianapolis Office
- "CO2 Technology Update" ~ Steve Moorman, Babcock & Wilcox
- "Carbon Capture and Sequestration" ~ John B. Osborne, HTC PureEnergy Inc.
- "Predicted CO2 Emissions from Indiana Coals During Combustion" ~ Agnieszka Drobniak, Indiana Geological Survey
- "Estimating the State & Regional Benefits of the Mining and Use of Illinois Basin Coals" ~ F.T. Sparrow, F.T. Sparrow & Associates
- "Coking/Coal Gasification Using Indiana Coal for the Environmentally Clean Production of Metallurgical Coke, Liquid Transportation Fuels, Fertilizer, and Electric Power" ~ Robert Kramer, Energy Efficiency and Reliability Center, Purdue University Calumet
- "Reducing CO2 Emissions from Coal-Fired Power Plants" ~ John Wheeldon EPRI
- "Clean Coal: Skills Requirements and Funding for Training" ~ Jim Wheeler, Thomas P. Miller & Associates
- "Power Generation & CO2 Emissions in Indiana" ~ Zekarias Hussein, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
Marty W. Irwin, Director
Phone: 765.494.7414 or 317.232.8970
Steven F. Son, Associate Director
Indiana Center for Coal Technology Research
Energy Center at Discovery Park
203 S Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette IN 47907-1971 USA
Phone: 765.494.7037 (leave message, please)