Burton D. Morgan Center Poster Printer Policy and Guidelines
The MRGN Poster lab is for Discovery Park and Engineering Departments.
The following are guidelines all staff and students must use when submitting files for print to the poster print staff, or when using the machine for someone in your own department.
- Posters need to be in pdf format in the correct size that you are requesting for printing; 24 x 36 or 36 x 48. This will allow you to see the quality of the graphics and photos for the poster size.
- Discovery Park trained staff may use the poster printer at any time for academic purposes. Individuals requesting poster printing are encouraged to use the poster printer students within the posted hours. Having your poster printed at the Burton D. Morgan Center is not always guaranteed. Walk-ins outside the scheduled poster lab hours might not be able to be accommodated immediately.
- Students or staff may email their presentation to the poster print staff for printing, this is the preferred action. Please allow 2 business days for your poster to be printed. The poster print staff will let you know via email when your poster is ready for pick it up. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the poster print staff with the following:
Reason for poster: i.e. – conference, poster session, research display
- We do not print posters with colored backgrounds (no filled in color backgrounds). To highlight portions of your poster, small areas of color fill are acceptable.
- Please use standard/uniform sizes in either landscape or portrait measuring: 24" x 36" or 48" x 36". You will be responsible for any trimming on poster sizes outside the standard.
- When you pick up your poster please use the laptop to sign it out. Please provide all information requested.
- The laptop is located by the desktop computer.
- We do our best to make sure that we are properly supplied with paper, ink, etc. There are times when we have a large number of requests unexpectedly and our supply may be gone before a new order arrives. If you are requesting to print a large quantity of posters you may be asked to bring your own paper. We should be notified ahead of time when large quantities are expected for poster sessions or workshops.
Paper can be purchased from Guy Brown Office Products Catalog: P8C6030C heavyweight coated paper 36x10