Enhanced Oil Recovery Lab - Bindley Bioscience Center - Purdue University

Enhanced Oil Recovery Lab

Based on reservoir properties and fluid compressibility, only 20 to 40 percent of the original oil in place can be recovered using primary and secondary recovery techniques. Remaining 30 to 60 percent of the stranded oil can only be recovered via tertiary or Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) processes such as thermal recovery, gas injection, chemical injection and microbial process. The EOR Lab focuses on multidisciplinary research approaches, including chemistry, geochemistry, clay science, chemical and materials engineering, and petroleum engineering, to understand the solid-liquid and liquid-liquid interfacial properties for tertiary recovery of stranded oil. Dr. Borgohain manages the facility to provide professional service for EOR method evaluation (chemical and gas) and design using the state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and reservoir simulation. The laboratory is also committed to train graduate and undergraduate students and to advance interdisciplinary research collaborations within and outside the University.


Rituraj Borgohain
Enhanced Oil Recovery Lab Manager
Phone: (765) 496-0486
Email: rborgoha@purdue.edu

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2018 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Discovery Park

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Discovery Park at dpweb@purdue.edu.