The Student Farm is a living laboratory that provides hands-on education on small farm management and how to grow, harvest, and distribute produce safely and sustainably. We primarily serve undergraduate students, but also volunteers, staff, faculty, educators, growers, consumers, and the Purdue University community by providing hands-on practice and knowledge on the social, economic, and environmental sustainability of food systems.
The Student Farm will be a world-class small farm that values and fosters experiential and interdisciplinary learning in food systems sustainability, will maintain democratic governance that includes students in decision making, will value teamwork and adaptability, and will be flexible to changes in food systems.
Your donations would help to:
- Grow the next generation of American small farmers.
- Teach entrepreneurship in small farm agriculture.
- Reach out to our communities in promoting healthy foods.
- Teach food safety, farm safety, and sustainable production.
- Provide hands-on farming experiences to students.
If you would like to be involved please help with:
- Student Internships ($5,000 supports a student for the summer)
- Materials for new hoop houses.
- Trucks, tractors, and farming implements.
- All donations valued and honored.